COVID-19: Employment Law FAQs
Employment law expert, Olivia Lund, Partner at Duncan Cotterill responds to the frequently asked questions on employment law obligations in COVID-19. Questions covered will include:
- Can workers refuse to work if they feel unsafe?
- What should employers do if a worker refuses to work without a valid reason?
- How does the Government Wage Subsidy work and what obligations do employers have in relation to restructuring and variations to terms and conditions of employment?
- Can employers reduce an employee’s pay without their consent?
- Can staff be directed to take annual leave?
- How should employees engage in restructuring and redundancy proposals?
- What are businesses doing to manage the downturn and retain their staff?